Wake up calls and Background ~
I am deeply curious,
In love with sunshine, blue sky, wide-open spaces and arid places
Blissed by rich conversation and luxurious simplicity
Lover of the perfect word
Sprinter, explorer, athlete & vitality buff
An artisan foodie
Uncompromising when it comes to happy endings.
One of my wake up calls came early in my career as a graphic designer with the development of environmental illness. I made it my mission to heal, eventually leaving my job and much of my familiar life, with the intention of being healthy again.
Of course, those choices were the beginning of my transformation, providing a climate for self-discovery, new direction, and my life-school of true purpose.
Unable to maintain my previous leadership positions and life rhythm, I dove deeper into my continuous studies in nutrition and food, spirituality, meditation, personal growth, writing, fitness and vitality, quantum principles, farming, and intuitive development.
Along the way, I directed and revived an organic farmer and consumer’s organization with a board of visionary organic farmers and ranchers, guiding their vision and strategic development, nonprofit status, monthly publication, grants, conducting special studies in marketing pastured poultry and federal programs, and development of membership.
I grew much of my own fruit and vegetables for twelve years and developed a food-culture lifestyle buying or bartering for my grassfed beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, eggs and sustainably raised veggies from ranchers and farmers who became my friends.
After healing and experiencing the liberation of potential — physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally — through energy technologies, I immersed myself in training and studying energy psychology and personal potential. I returned to my business roots starting my business in 2005 while earning my masters in holistic nutrition.
In addition to The Self Connection, you will find me sailing, dancing, hiking, running, snowshoeing, adventuring outdoors, savoring delicious food, being with friends and family, enjoying rich conversation, meditating, studying our quantum world and spirituality, reading, enjoying the arts or discovering a new adventure.
Certifications, degrees, and trainings include:
- Masters (M.S.) in Holistic Nutrition at Clayton College of Natural Health
- Thesis: Changing the Vibration of Food
- Bachelors (B.S.) in Business, communications, and design at George Fox University
- Studied graphic design at Clark College
- Certified Theta Healer® and Instructor
- Tapping Expert since 2004 (EFT ~ Emotional Freedom Techniques including masters trainings in business, addictions, relationships, and dis-ease. Taught training workshops.
- Energy Psychology since 2004
- Dr. Joe Dispenza Meditation
- Access Consciousness Bars®
- Quantum Touch®
- Allergy Antidotes laser technology
- Spiral Dynamics
- Heart Centered Marketing and Business Building
- Eden Energy Medicine Energies of Love
- Science of Energy Healing®
- Playing the Matrix
- Studies with Carolyn Myss, IONS (Institute of Noetic Sciences)